Sunday, February 7, 2010

Disney - Lulu




Lulu really came out of her shell at Disney. We went to Hollywood Studios the first day and all she kept saying ALL day was....Where is the castle. In her mind, it was ALWAYS about the castle. So, the second day when we went to Magic Kingdom I walked into the gates took her to the top of the street and stood there watching her until she noticed the castle down Main Street. And, as I type this it still brings chills to me when I think of her face when she saw that castle. It was magical! It literally took her breathe away.
We went straight to Mickey's Toontown Fair to see the Princesses because I wasn't sure how long the line would be. Lulu was wearing her Belle costume and she had her autograph book in hand... (Thanks for the tip MC!) and she was determined to fill it up! We waited in line for about 3 minutes and they took us back to meet Cinderella, Belle and Aurora (Sleeping Beauty). When we walked in, Lulu had the same look again, and Belle came right up to her and spoke so sweetly and knew she was timid and told her how beautiful she was and it was so magical. Simon at the point was crying, (and I was all tough, but as I write this I am tearing up).





She met TONS of princesses, LOVED, the castle shows, and had to tell Simon about every character that was in the show, Missed the rain parade, but no big deal. We truly enjoyed The Beauty and the Beast show, the little mermaid show, and Simon said meeting Ariel was amazing. She couldn't get enough of the fireworks. She loved seeing the characters and would make Simon hold her hand, but wanted their autograph, and always gave everyone a hug which was a huge stretch for her.


Also, this was the first plane ride for my kids, Lulu is just like her daddy, she got on the plane, buttoned her seat belt fell asleep and slept the entire almost 3 hours, and we had to wake her when we landed. I couldn't have been more proud of what a big girl she became over this trip.


We decided to get Micky Ears for my mom and the kids, and as usual the diva came out, when she looked at those ears and said.... "I am not wearing those, but I will wear these..." What am I going to do with her?


































5 comments:

debi g said...

i LOVE it! lulu you are a true princess. and simon - my dad cries at everything too, makes him that much more endearing!

Leslie said...

showcasing the stark differences of the girls is entirely entertaining. what a great experience for both of them, but especially for you parents to see them out of their element! travel, seeing the sights, seems like they've proven capable of really exploring the world.

then again, my "world" is entirely based on the foundation of Disney. it's what i get for growing up in Orange County. i base everything on and compare everywhere to that place.

marycay said...

The pictures are great, looks like you guys had a great time. I am glad - the first trip to disney with kids is magical. And Lulu did so good - I am so proud of her!

tricia said...

soooo cute!

Bailey Family said...

It all looks fantastic. Must phone you to get more details.