Some times it is really hard to let go of something that means so much to you. For Simon it is his love of curry. Whenever we are at a store where he can get curry sauce he always is looking, shopping, planning.
I am not a huge fan but have been known to eat it on occasion. Mainly when I am in England and it is late at night and I am hungry and there is nothing else to eat. We once flew to England and went straight to a curry house with our luggage....(we were meeting friends) and had a meal. Which turns out, is not extremely smart when you don't like the smell of curry, that can make for a rather long stinky trip!
This past weekend Simon decided he was going to make some curry for dinner and I was going to make something for the girls and myself. I was surprised after he was done cooking to find a bottle of curry sauce on the counter and therefore, asked him why he didn't use that sauce? He said he found something else.....

Upon closer look at the jar I noticed it was expired.........4/2001.
Really?!?
That means that we have had that jar since we lived in Jersey. That jar has been with us....
Jersey
Cleveland
Grandview, OH
Worthington, OH
Worthington, OH (2 houses 3 years)
Michigan
It almost pained me to throw it away. I miss not seeing it in the cupboard on a daily basis.
By no means is Simon giving up the curry. Just the expired sauce.
3 comments:
ew curry (sorry simon and the rest of my brit friends who seem to survive on that stuff, especially after a night out). you could always empty out the jar and use it for something else, like to hold buttons, a small plant...
really relieved that this post was about curry sauce and not about guernsey. you scared me!
and debit might be onto something, have you already taken the trash out? maybe you should keep the jar! a pen holder, anything!
i was definitely on the same train of thought as the pregnant basement girl. wait, they're both pregnant! i meant the devon comment about guernsey. phew!
and i love curry.
Post a Comment