

It is with great sadness I explain........
Lulu has decided she wants to be called LUCY. Her name is actually Lucy Martin named after her wonderful uncle farty Marty. (we taught the kids to call him this. And yes, it never stops being funny). We always thought we would call her Lucy. Never was the name Lulu ever in our mind. Shorty after she was born, Ruthie started calling her Lulu and it just stuck! (well oddly, Ruthie called her "hussy" for a while and when she managed "Lulu" we obviously went running with that pretty fast.)
She was called Lulu so much she claimed that as her name. She wouldn't even so much turn her head if you called her Lucy. Her doctors call her Lulu. Especially since she deemed anyone that did not call her Lulu an outsider or better yet "the people" She started telling people please don't call my Lucy, my name is Lulu. She wore that name so well. She was Lulu with the Tutu. When I went to sign her up for school, I didn't even put Lucy anywhere on the registration.
So out of nowhere a few weeks ago, she started telling us all that she wanted to be Lucy. At first we didn't pay much attention thinking this was a phase, then she started telling everyone else call me Lucy. It is crazy hard to do, let me tell you. She even cried one morning before school proclaiming..."TELL MY TEACHERS TODAY I AM LUCY"
It is something that I will struggle with forever, but luckily she will be there to correct me.
Until of course next week, when she decides to change her name again...... I hear she likes the ring of "Princess Banana Hammock" **
**that is absolutely a friends tv show reference for you non- followers.
.
5 comments:
love the new layout for the blog! that pictures is awesome.
my sister insisted on being called "princess" for about 2 years.
i'm not sure if i ever thought about being called "deborah" as a kid. lucy is growing up.
i love the new title photo!
i love the name lulu. but she is so cute to have an opinion on her name. so lucy it is.
regina phalange.
this post made me smile. We had to transition from Sissy to only Amelia so I know what you are going through.
Love the new look of the blog and I LOVE the Christmas card!!
WHAT?!?! I will make a mental note and remember that she is now Lucy. What a funny girl!
oh dear. so many years of fun times ahead!
Post a Comment