Sunday, October 18, 2009

You can dress them up.....


The girls are enjoying their fall activities. These pics were taken before the weather turned. Lulu is taking dance (ballet and tap) and Ruthie is taking gymnastics.

Lulu always is dancing. She hears music on the TV, in a store at the doctor's office and the first thing she does is get a sparkle in her eye and then says.... "Can I dance?" She is too funny. They have a window where you can watch them at their dance class and I try to stand where she can't see me because the minute she does, she won't dance and gets embarrassed. Simon has also been known to stand at the window and get all teary eyed.


Ruthie is a monkey. She loves to climb, flip and has crazy strength. She has been in gymnastics before but loses interest. She started up again this year and started to get bored very early into it. I couldn't quite figure out what was "boring" about being in an amazing gym and having all this equipment and kids and be bored. When I asked her what made the class boring she said.... "well, I can do most of all the stuff and so I have to sit around and wait for the other kids to do it with the teacher but the teacher never has to help me and I do it and then just have to go sit down" Pretty interesting. As we were just noticing that it may not be holding her interest.




Good news they contacted me about having her join the "pre-team" class. She tries it tomorrow and if she likes it she can take that class. I am hoping that it works out well for her and if she loses interest I guess there is always BMX and extreme sports.






2 comments:

debi g said...

i vote for BMX for ruthie. and i can just imagine simon peaking in the window to watch lulu with tears in his eyes. precious!

Leslie said...

that picture of ruthie in black and lu in pink is PERFECTION.