Friday, October 8, 2010

Take That June Cleaver

This picture always makes me laugh...  why didn't this make the christmas card?


Yesterday was one of those days..  Hopefully the kind of day that only follows a full moon, the kind of day I can at some point laugh about and not scream obscenities.  I have a sign that hangs in our kitchen that says:  "Just do your best".  Well I thought about that sign alot yesterday.... and if yesterday was my best, then we are all in for a world of hurt.

It started out at 7am with the girls playing happily, but unloading ALL of their toys into the Family room.  I know this is where it all got derailed.  I was trying to get them to redirect to say the toy room on the first floor, or say the basement which is filled with their toys or perhaps their bedrooms.  Nope, they wanted to play where Simon and I were of course in the middle of everything because their was no room in the other rooms.  That's great just take over the house.  More for me to clean later.  No big deal.

So I go upstairs to get their clothes and make beds, where I notice a large stain in Lucy's room on her sheets, so I get the clothes, and Ll the sheets off the beds.  While I bring everything down I notice that Ruthie is sitting at the kitchen table doing homework while eating breakfast and junk piled up everywhere, as I panic as she is doing homework in green marker, I say... "RUTHIE WHAT ARE YOU DOING?  YOU CAN'T DO YOUR HOMEWORK IN GREEN MARKER, AND BESIDES WHY ARE YOU DOING IT NOW AND WHY DIDN'T YOU ASK FOR HELP?"  When what I should have said, according to Simon was.....  "Ruthie great job on taking the initiative to do your homework on your own, you are doing a great job."  So Simon and I "discuss" the merits of the way that goes down, and Ruthie begins to cry, saying she doesn't want to go to school and she is extremely upset.  Great!  mark one in my column, make that 2, because I am now mad at Simon and blaiming him for me being flustered. 

Finally get Ruthie to decide she will go to school, take Lucy, and Ruthie to school, Great start to the morning!  I am cleaning the kitchen and crying, as this is the way to start the day when I go to the laundry room to change the sheets and literally inside the washer is a bottle of shampoo!  Seriously!  Where in the heck did a bottle of shampoo come from between carrying the sheets downstairs putting them in the washer?  Take out the shampoo, wash the sheets again.  Empty dishwasher, clean up all toys (6 trips) up the stairs and move to the toy room. Where I notice.. Oh great I left the cover off the grill last night.  Go to put the cover back on the grill on the deck and realize... Not only did I leave the cover off, I left the grill on the entire night and now the propane has run out. 
** forget to mention while I realized all this I was talking to my neighbor on the phone, at which point she accuses me of "BECOMING MY MOTHER"!  Great!!! More choice words for her and we decided to go for a walk and get out of the house!

As I am walking out of the house, I notice Ruthie's Library book and it is Library day at school.  Take the book on our walk, swing by school.  Great!  She is soooo going to be pissed off at me!  Redemption for me by bringing the library book!

The rest of the day goes by well with nothing much to report other than the first thing Ruthie says to me when I meet her outside the school..  "I HAVE AN OVERDUE LIBRARY BOOK"  Which for a Kindergarten child is pretty upsetting, or maybe just a Bisson drama queen!  I guess even though I ran the book up to school by 10am I already missed library.  I also guess you don't get points for trying!

I wasn't even going to try and make dinner last night.  Chinese take-out!  While I know these things are not life altering or earth shattering, all together they can bring you down, and make you think that the only job you have in life, you are not doing very well. 

Today's events.....

**Breakfast playdate at our house after I drop off Ruthie.  2  Moms, 4 kids  (already made half the breakfast stuff)
**  Lucy playdate at her friends at noon
**  have to go to the store in the hour that she is at her friends
**  Come home make appetizers for beer party for tonight at neighbors.
**  Pick up Ruthie from school take everyone to after school birthday party.
**  Babysitter at 6 for beer party
**  tomorrow soccer game at 10am
**  Pumpkin Patch after game before party
**  Football party at 2pm
** Bisson Family Fun night.  We are all moving our beds into the family room and having a sleepover with movies!  Yippee!  And nothing is planned for Sunday but a big brunch and sleeping in!


Wish me luck, if I can't get through the mundane this should be a real interesting 48 hours!

Take that June Cleaver

2 comments:

debi g said...

the fun never ends in the Bisson house! wow, the things i have to look forward to? thank you for fording ahead and showing me the way.

this one cracked me up. i'd rather be part of the bisson family than the clever's any day!

Steph said...

I LOVE this picture! I think you should definitely make it your Christmas card! Miss you!

Love,
Steph