Thursday, July 15, 2010

Camp Update

I feel awful that I have not had any updates on the blog since we left. There are pictures on the Camp Cayuga sight that has the girls in many different activities..... Some of my updates...

I had to laugh... this was my day yesterday......

* - Wake up to rainy day - extend wakeup for camp
* - call rainy day activity
* - Deal with headlice of 6 campers
* - trek over to teen campus Infirmary for camper problems
* - back to jr. camp break up a fight of 4 campers one camper left with a boot mark on his back
* - have a meeting with the 4 head cooks. They are staging a mutiny - head chef storms off and slips and falls in kitchen
* - Get a call from another camp that 2 of our campers got injured at their camp during an intercamp game - Just Great!
* - did I mention I haven't even showered yet... or had lunch
* - Grab a piece of cold pizza from kitchen and eat it while driving around camp on golf cart
* - see the girls for the first time at about 4:30 - Lucy is crying wants to see me.. no time
* - Fire a cook
* - Have to get my big guys as back up as I feel like he wants to punch me.
* - Finally shower
* - miss dinner
* - Dress up as Heidi Klum for evening activity
* - go home put kids to bed in like 4 mins.
* - out to the quad, check on the campers
* - go to main house to look for burglars by myself!
* - go to bed at midnight
* - Lucy is up a few times in the night - with just a bad night

* 8am start all over

I guess, people that don't know camp dont get that I don't even have time to brush my teeth. There is a line out of my door and I am pulled in a million directions all throughout the day.

I am the Co-Director with Brian (the owner for you non campers) , so I am crazy busy, I of course play the bad cop to his good cop. But I knew that going into it.

I have manged to go out a few times at night. And you will be happy to know that I still got it. And have managed to beat everyone who challenges me to a chugging competion. It really bums out the young British counselors when I beat them. Oh well.

The girls are doing fantastic. Ruthie has really embraced camp life. She is begging me to sleep in the cabin, and if she hadn't stolen a girls sunglasses and tried to flush them down the toilet with her other friend yesterday... (Forgot to add that to the list) she might have been able to. Yeah, that conversation was great... "Ruthie kids at camp get sent to my office for this. Now I have to yell at you?"

Lucy has her days, she is really coming out of her shell but still gets overwhelmed at all the chanting, screaming and loud evening activities. She thinks people are going to "get her" or hurt her. She loves campfires and playing with her friends, but really struggles to like the food, and to have down time.

I have had 10 hours since I have been here that I have been off duty. That includes, nights weekends what have you. So I feel a little run down. I have to give the nanny some time off soon so hopefully I may manage to get out of here. I have lost all track of days and times!

Re-reading the above may sound bad, we are REALLY having fun, it is just alot of work for me, and hard to balance everyone and everything, but I am super pumped to be using my brain again for something that I truly enjoy and am good at!

Hopefully pictures and stuff soon!

5 comments:

debi g said...

thanks for the update! i kind of wish i were there with you. maybe a summer in our future we will all go to camp again with the kiddies in tow. i can't wait to see your pictures. give a call if you get a chance. and sorry that we are not coming to visit, but it sounds like your days are full anyway.

lauren and brad said...

i have no idea how i missed this post! sounds like camp life for sure! can't wait to hear the end of the summer recap and pics!

debi g said...

update update update....

debi g said...

update update update!

Leslie said...

i totally forgot about the headlice!
omg, ruthie has BALLS! flushing sunglasses??? AHAHAHA!!!