Simon and I took the kids to Cleveland for a weekend with Gammy and headed down to Columbus for a weekend of good friends, good family, good food and a losing buckeye team.
Friday night at the last minute we surprised a great friend for her birthday and had a yummy dinner and after dinner drinks at our favorite "used to be" local bar. Much like the fireside (for all you camp people) this bar was a great place to go to and right down the street. And it is always great after all these years of being away from both The Fireside and PK O'Ryans that we can still walk in and the bartender knows us.
Saturday our old house was for sale so we made an appointmentto go through it. After that we went to our favorite shops along the Worthington High Street. They were having their Saturday farmer's market and it wouldn't have been a more beautiful day. Although, that doesn't really help to make matters of being "Columbus Sick" any better. Simon kept telling me that I better be working on a pretty good pep talk because he really misses it. All along I thought I would be the one that was sad. We walked past our favorite restaurant at the end of our street and always brings a smile to my face and is always decorated so beautifully for the holidays.
Saturday afternoon/evening we were off to campus for some tailgating! We had so much fun catching up with more friends and more family. All of which I was totally lame/freezing and didn't get the camera out to take tons of pics. These are the best I have.
(Buckeye Colors are Scarlet and Grey, hence the colors of the blog for this buckey season)
All the people walking into the game. Really.....Simon says he sometimes doesn't understand how my brain works and seeing this picture I would have to agree. I can't manage to take pictures of our house, or our day and friends and family, my pregnant sister, but I manage to take a bad picture of random people walking into a stadium.....FASCINATING!
I promise I will get better.
3 comments:
Since I was chastised by Simon this weekend for never leaving comments, I am writing today. It was so good to see you this weekend. We miss you guys! I am glad we got to hang out for a little bit. Hopefully it won't be as long between visits next time! I feel privileged to get a spot on the blog!!
~Steph
fun! it looks like you guys had an awesome time, i love visiting places i used to live. sad, but totally worth visiting to eat at those fav places and do the things you love.
what a fabulous time. i feel the same way when i go visit philly. and you have a trenton hit on your blog too, i wonder if it is the same person
Post a Comment