Monday, August 4, 2008

Miss Manners

This was taken after the dude soaked her with the hose. Hippie band still intact.


I am crazy about manners. I know, my friend Kristen tries to bring me back to reality that they are 2 and 3 but I just can't stand them not having good manners. They must ask to be excused from dinner, they must always say "may I please have" or "Thank You" and we constantly are enforcing how things make them feel and how to speak with kindness.

I can't tell you how proud I am when I over hear them talking to each other and they are using manners in their every day conversations or how they know to thank whoever made them the meal that they just ate. I know everyday is not perfect but they are so good with them and it is one of the things that always hits home on how parents need to walk the walk and talk the talk.

Anyhoo....... The other night I was in Ruthie's way and she says to me......"mommy how do you say get out of my way nicely with manners?" ah, the pride! Always better than...."move it lady"

5 comments:

debi g said...

i am so used to correcting kids in the lunch line (or anywhere for that matter) by adding on "please" or "thank you" that i do it to ben all the time too! oops. glad to hear that the girls are starting to take manners into their own hands :)

Leslie said...

oh, she might need to create a tutorial for our household road ragedness! v.cute.

trish said...

that is so cute :) my parents were like that with us as well, and i still have people say to me today "you sure say please and thank you a lot..." i think it's better than not at all?

Amanda said...

that is so cute! I also love that you're teaching the kids good manners. We also had to ask to be excused from the table, and I remember having to answer the phone "hello, Goats residence, Amanda speaking". Seriously a bit overkill on that one, mom and dad.

I remember working the lunch/dinner line at camp and Nicole and I made the kids say please before we'd dish them their food, and they got angry! Kids, seriously. I'm glad yours are going to turn out good....maybe they can teach their friends in a few years?

lauren and brad said...

I am huge on manners too! Way to go Mom on teaching your children to be pleasant. Too cute!