Sunday, August 10, 2008

Dish Scrubber

I bought this brand of dish scrubber at Restoration Hardware for the sole purpose that it was pink. When I brought it home, I fell in love with it. Of course Restoration Hardware no longer carries it so I had to search the internet for it (that and the fact that we don't have any stores near us) when I found a replacement I bought 3, and I am ready to buy more. They go in the dishwasher, can clean anything and they don't get all funky.


I can't say enough about this great scrub brush.......

So, today, Simon decided to repaint/stain the deck and that it would be great if the girls wanted to help. Yeah, I know, brilliant right. Well, when I woke up from my nap (I can't hang like I used to and after a full day of partying a nap is certainly in order, although that is a rather good excuse, I don't have one for the other 6 days a week that I nap!) I found Lulu covered head to toe in paint/stain, BROWN!


Simon figures, this is a great time to lumber me with the remaining task at hand and he is going to go give Lulu a bath to get all the junk off of her. He is gone for a rather long time and he re-appears with Lulu fresh and immaculate, nothing on her. Even my neighbor commented that she could not believe how clean she was seeing as she was covered. Chalk yet another one up for Simon the superdad.


So, just went to our bathroom to take a shower as I to was sporting some brown stuff and look in the tub and it is covered with paint remnants. No big deal, I start to clean the tub, and I

notice......... Oh wow, great the kitchen scrubber is in here, I could use that for the tub.



BACK IT UP.......................................................... the kitchen scrubber is in the bathtub, covered in brown paint/stain. The same bathtub that Lulu was just in...........


If Simon is nothing else, he certainly is resourceful. Lucky for Lulu he didn't think about using sandpaper!

7 comments:

debi g said...

ha ha, that is an awesome story! i guess those brushes were a great buy.

devon lorraine ... said...

can we get the link for this scrubber??

Erin said...

yes, where did you find it? i had to buy a replacement after Amelia melted ours in the dishwasher and Jason had get out a saw to remove it. I despise the new brush.

devon lorraine ... said...

oh geez, was the embedded link in the post the whole time? the container store! got it!

Leslie said...

i'm thinking the girls' stories are going to just get crazier from here on out! can you compile and write a book?? hilarious!

Leslie said...

i envision it like a marley+me!

trish said...

ha, that is great :) love that i could get this at the container store...i could spend hours in there!